tatoogo 发表于 2011-12-2 00:33

背景资料,Laura Sorkin博士的journal恐龙日记

本帖最后由 tatoogo 于 2011-12-2 15:47 编辑

菜单已经有人翻译了,我就来翻译一下日记Journal ,方便一些想了解更多故事背景的朋友.

1/16
what a day! Supply chopper never showed. Parasaurs won't behave. And face it, I'm still mad at John Hammond.
多么糟糕的一天!补给直升机一直没见到。副栉龙也不听话。因此,我更加恨约翰-哈蒙德了。
He gave me a mosquito in amber, and I made life. No other paleogeneticist could have done it. But I wouldn't take shortcuts.
So he took my life's work, and handle it to Henry Wu.
自从他给了我那块嵌着蚊子的琥珀,我从此有了新生。没有什么古生物基因学家曾经做过这些工作。但我不同意投机取巧。为此他夺走了我付之一生的工作,把它交给了亨利 吴。
John gave me this lab to shut me up. At least now I have time to study the animals. Record the phenotypic anomalies. And maybe fix what's broken.
约翰用这间实验室来堵住我的嘴。如今我有时间研究这些动物了。记录进化表型异常。没准修理那些(他们)搞砸的东西。

2/16
Dilophosaurus - " Double-Crested Lizard "
双脊龙 - “两个头冠的蜥蜴”
Wu's amphibian DNA has profoundly changed our Dilophosaurs. They should grow to six meters long. None in our brood are that big. I'm even wondering if the frill and spitting behavior are a splicing error. There's no evidence in the fossil record for that business.
Our Dilos maybe small, but they're tenacious. Once they decided you're prey, they don't let up. There's nothing to do but get away as fast as soon.
吴博士的两栖类DNA极大的改变了我们的双脊龙。它们应该长到6英尺长。但我们培养的这窝还没有长这么大的。我有点怀疑可褶皱的头冠和吐唾液习性是一个基因拼接错误造成的。
化石记录中未发现上述情况。
我们的双脊龙也许体形不大,但它们是很不好招惹的。一旦它们把你看作猎物,就决不会放过你。除了快逃没有别的办法。

3/16
Triceratops "Three-Horned Face"
As our Triceratops mature, holes open up in their frill bones. At first I thought it was another nucleotide sequencing error. Now it's clear that Triceratops and Torsaurus are the same species, I'm still not sure why the morphology changes with age like that. Status recognition?
Our Triceratops have developed a fondness for the leaves of local banana plants. They'd jump through hoops for the stuff, if they weren't so damn heavy.
三角龙 - “脸上长有三只角”
当我们的三角龙长大成熟,它们冠状骨上会长出孔洞来。 起先,我认为这又是一种核苷酸序列错误。现在清楚了。三角龙和牛角龙是同一种类,我还不确定为什么会随着年龄而发生那样的形态改变。也许是某种族群地位识别标志?
我们的三角龙有吃岛上野生香蕉树叶子的嗜好。如果它们不是那么沉重话,早就为此翻过护栏了。

4/16
Tyrannosaurus Rex - tyrant lizard king
霸王龙 巨爬虫之王
despite the theories popular among some paleontologists, i'm convinced our t. rex's motion-based vision is the result of wu's amphibian DNA. it's like the frogs and toads that eat their meals in one bite. who knows how its vision would be if john had let me fill in the genome properly?
不管某些古生物学家大受欢迎的理论怎样说,我深信我们的霸王龙的基于动作的视觉是由于吴博士的两栖类DNA造成的结果。那有点像青蛙或蟾蜍只一口就吞掉它们的美餐。谁知道如果约翰让我补充上正确的基因后,它的视觉系统会是什么样子?
regardless, it makes our t.rex safe to observe, if you're careful stay still, and you can stay out of sight.
不管怎么说,这确实让我们的霸王龙观赏起来安全,如果你小心的站住不动,它就看不到你。

5/16
compsognathus "pretty jaw"
秀颚龙 漂亮的颚
i have to admit, of all the dinosaurs we have managed to clone so far, compsognathus holds a special place in my heart. i imagine it's because they remind me of the chickens we had on the farm when i was growing up.
我必须承认,我们克隆的这么多恐龙中,秀颚龙在我心中有特殊的地位 。我想这是因为它们让我想起儿时在农场上与小鸡相伴的时光。
in fact, their genetic structure is so simlar to birds that i'm bit surprised they don't have feathers! then again, thanks to all the shortcuts we've been forced to make, i can't say for sure that they didn't.1
事实上,它们的基因结构与鸟类如此想像,以致我有点惊奇为什么它们没有羽毛!再一次,由于我们被迫做出的取巧行为,我不敢确定它们是不是天生不长羽毛。

6/16
herrerasaurus - "herrera's lizard "
埃雷拉龙   埃雷拉的蜥蜴
i would have loved to have seen don victorino herrera's face when he first discovered the bones of the herrerasaurus. and now one of the oldest dinosaur species discovered is reborn and walking on our facilities!
当年维多里诺.埃雷拉先生第一次发掘出埃雷拉龙时的表情,我很想看到。因为
如今这种至今发现的最最古老的恐龙种类已经重生并行走在我们的设施里。
when we were engineering the hererasaurus i didn't know they were meant to be a "safe" alternative to the velociraptor exhibit. though not nearly as smart as the raptors, their chase instinct makes them almost as dangerous.
当我们设计埃雷拉龙时,我不知道它们是要被设计成"安全"的而不是像迅猛龙那个样子。 虽然远没有迅猛龙那么聪明,但它们的追猎本能使它们几乎同样危险。

7/16
the quarantine pens.
隔离围栏
i am getting so sick of hammond! i can't believe he ordered another group of raptors to this island from site b afterwhat happened last time! the man will never learn to respect what we have created and stop trying to create a spectacle!
我真受不了哈蒙德了!不敢相信,在发生上次那些事后他又从B场地运来一群迅猛龙。这个人从没有学会尊重我们创造物,还在搞那些制造噱头的作法。
at least they used the southern quarantine pens; if they'd tried to take them to the ones near the docks, they'd have found the brood euthanizing an entire species just because they're unprofitable is not acceptable.
还好他们使用了南部的那些围栏。如果他们试图把它们弄到靠近码头的围栏里,他们就会发现,最好把它们全都安乐死掉,它们是无利 可图是不可接受的。

8/16
parasaurolophus - near crested lizard
副栉龙尖顶脑袋的蜥蜴
i am extremely pleased with the progress david and i have been making with the parasaur behavioral experiments. our hypotheses that the cranial crest was used for amplified sound communication has been brilliantly confirmed, but the coloring being used to identify various social cliques was something i was not fully expecting.
大卫和我进行的副栉龙行为试验进行得非常顺利。我们假定那个头冠是用于放大叫声以利沟通的想法已经证实了。但颜色是否有辨别不同群体身份的作用还未可知 。
i have been able to isolate their mating, feeding and warning calls and am excited to see how they respond to recording of their own sounds. david has converted the area around the water tower to a holding pen and has rigged up an intricate speaker system for projecting their calls. this is science. the kind that cant be rushed with a checkbook!
我已经能分辨出它们的繁殖,取食和警告的叫声。并把围绕水塔的区域围上围栏把它们关在里面。装上复杂的扩音系统来研究它们的叫声。这才是科学。那种不可能在支票簿上一划就能买到的科学。

9/16
velociraptor- swift seizer
迅猛龙 - 敏捷的捕手
our velociraptors differ significantly from the fossil record. they're perhaps three times as large as they should be.
我们的迅猛龙与化石记录有显著区别。它们有化石显示的三倍大小。
they're difinitely velociraptors, but based on size alone, they appear to have more in common with utahraptor or deinonychus. i've given dr. wu meaningful looks when the subject has come up, but he doesn't seem to make the connection between his frog DNA hack and the discrepancy.
它们确实是迅猛龙,但仅从大小说,它们更类似于尤他盗龙或恐爪龙。当发现这个问题时,我曾给过吴博士暗示,但看来他未把这种异常与代用的蛙类DNA联系在一起。
politically speaking . if he doesn't, nobody will.
开诚布公的讲。如果他没发现,别人就更别提了。

10/16
the tunnel network
地道网络
once again, i got caught in a torrential downpour on the way back to my lab from the parasauralophus pen. i had hoped that they would extend the tunnel network to my lab, but "spare no expense" doesn't apply when you're in the doghouse.
又一次,我在从副栉龙围栏返回实验室的路上被瓢泼大雨淋到了。我一直希望他们会把地道网络通到我的实验室,但当你身处狗窝,“不惜工本”这个词就不会用在你身上。
i may broach the subject again once they complete the process of connecting the tunnels to the visitor's center and the rest of park's core.
我可能得在连接游客中心和其它公园核心部分的地道完成之后才能再提出这个问题。

11/16
geothermal power
地热能
the park's main power source is a geothermal plant, driven by the latent volcanic activity so rampant in this area. for some reason, ray allen and hammond are reticent about sharing the procedure for shtting down and restarting the power.
公园的主能源来自于地热工厂。由这片地下活跃的火山活动提供。雷. 艾伦和哈蒙德在是否公开关闭和重启总电源的程序的问题上非常谨慎。
although they claim the secrecy is for security, relying on one of thechosen few to be present and conscious during a crisis actually makes me feel less secure. i think i've managed to figure it out on my own, just in case.
虽然他们提出基于安全考虑要保密,但在危机中,要一切依赖于特定的少数几个人中的某一个能到达现场且头脑清醒的操作,这让我确实有些不安。

12/16
troodon - wounding tooth
伤齿龙 -致伤的牙齿
our mystery eggs hatched today, confirming my suspicions: they're troodon pectinodon. i'm thrilled to have achieved these results in my own lab, but hammond is concerned that we've cloned a dinosaur that might no fit in his vision for the park.
我们那神秘的蛋今天孵化了,证实了我的猜想:它们是伤齿龙pectinodon。我为能在我自己的实验室取得这样的成果而感到激动,但哈蒙德而言,我们只不过克隆了一种不适合在公园的景点里出现的恐龙(想想参观动物园的夜行动物馆)。
he wants a full evaluation before he'll add them to the list.
他想在把伤齿龙加入清单前得到一份全面的评估。

13/16
troodon - wounding tooth
伤齿龙 - 伤害性的牙齿
we knew they would be efficient predators, with grasping hands, binocular vision, and exceptionally large brains. we figured they might be nocturnal. but we had no idea about the stealth, the stalking, or the nightmarish venom.
我们知道它们是有效的猎手,因为它们有着可抓握的前肢,深度(立体)视觉,特别是异常大的大脑。我们能想像出它们是夜行性的。但我们却并不知道它们会秘密行动,围猎甚至还有可怕毒性。
after the latest incident, john has deemed the droodon a threat to his vision of the park. he has told me in no uncertain terms that they are to be destroyed, along with all records of their creation. i'll play along, but i will not euthanize an entire species. i'll hide them in the quarantine pens for now. they'll be safe there.
在最近发生的事故之后,约翰(哈蒙德)认为伤齿龙对他公园的前景是个危胁。他曾含糊的表示过要消灭掉它们,以及所有的相关资料。我会合作,但不会安乐死掉所有的种类。我会把它们藏在隔离护栏里。它们在那儿很安全。

14/16
the marine exhibit
海洋展
remember how john diverted half my funding for " urgent needs" last year? well, i happened to get a look at one of those "needs" today, and it's another tourist trap - a marine exhibit.
记得去年约翰(哈蒙德)从我的项目基金上转走一半用于“紧急需求”吗? 正巧我今天看了一眼这些“需求”,又是一个游客圈套-一个海洋展。
it's not going to open until phase b, which means it's not a priority over opening the park - just over basic research. the guys building it don't even know what animals it's meant to hold. maybe john will get wu to spin a plesiosaur out of pollywogs.
海洋展直到B阶段才会开放,那意味着在开园阶段没有优先权-仅作为基础研究。 甚至建筑设施的人都不知道里面要装什么? 也许约翰(哈蒙德)会让吴博士用那些小蝌蚪拼凑出一头蛇颈龙来。

15/16
mosasaur -meuse river lizard
沧龙 -莫兹河蜥蜴
finally found what john has in store for his marine exhibit - a mosasaur! it's a phase b attraction so it's no on the list. apparently the first specimen is viable(!) and it's already outgrown the breeding tank. i'd be pissed off about being kept out of the loop, but i'm too excited to care.
最终我发现了约翰(哈蒙德)为他的海洋馆准备的展品是-一只沧龙。它是一个B级景点因此不在表格上。显然第一个样品活了下来并且它已经长到比培育水箱还大。我本为被排除在圈子外在而生气,但马上因为激动而释怀了。。
a mosasaur! the apex predator of the late cretaceous seaways. with a double-hinged jaw to gulp down large prey. upwards of 50 feet long, depending on genus. it's going to be magnificent. i just hope the facility's large enough to be a healthy habitat.
沧龙!白垩纪晚期海洋里的顶级掠食者。长有两排锯齿的巨颚可以一口吞下巨大的猎物。
有些种类可长到50英尺以上。那会很壮观。我希望水下设施能够给它提供一个足够大的健康栖息空间。

16/16
there's a storm coming. i can feel it, like icould feel tornados cming when i was little, back in arkansas.
风暴要来了。我能感觉到,就像我小时候在阿肯色州能感到龙卷风的到来一样。
ray will probably call an evacuation. not sure i'll go. we're secure here, and the parasaurs need tending. most important, i'm nearly ready to reverse wu's cruel lysine contingency.
雷(艾伦)可能会呼叫一个撤离小组。我没想好走不走。在这儿很安全,副栉龙也需要照料。最重要的,我已准备好颠覆吴博士那个残忍的赖氨酸应急方案。
once that's done, everything's going to fail into place. john will see that he can't control these animals, or me. and isla nublar will become a nature preserve - proper habitat - a home.
一旦事情完成,所有人一败涂地。约翰(哈蒙德)会看到他控制不了这些动物,还有我。而努布拉岛将会成为一个自然保护区-一个适宜的栖息地-一个家园。

ppddxd 发表于 2011-12-2 02:20

图文日记的翻译十分详细,最好能配上截图

lesterlbz 发表于 2011-12-2 12:47

谢谢楼主,能再翻译一下剧情吗?

tatoogo 发表于 2011-12-2 16:02

回复 3# lesterlbz

我翻译的日记是开着游戏情况下,看着屏幕抄下来再翻译的。因为手头没有也没想到用截图工具。
因为没有游戏内容剧本的文本文件,要用截屏方法得到所有剧本文本,需要在动态游戏中不断截屏,
对于我等普通玩家来说。是个不可能完成的任务。通常的汉化,应该是从程序里分离出剧本的文本内容。
这往往需要破解等能力,对此我无能为力。

yanyan1733 发表于 2012-1-4 14:42